When it comes to wood decking, there are many choices you can pick. You need to make sure you make the right choice that will benefit your home and will last a long time At Prime Wood Decking, we have all the information you need when it comes to IPE decking for sale. IPE wood decking is the best choice for Miami residents.
What Is IPE?
IPE is the most excellent quality wood decking material available. From the boardwalk of the east coast to cabins deep in the Applications, even to your own backyard, nothing keeps its integrity or lasts as long as Advantage Ipe Decking. Ipe wood is an exotic hardwood that is naturally resistant to rot and decay, is 8 times harder than California Redwood, and is guaranteed for 20 years without preservatives! Our Ipe Decking is responsibly harvested from well-managed forests to provide a truly renewable resource. Ipe has many benefits over teak and is available at a fraction of the cost. We ship our Ipe decking products direct to your home or jobsite.
How Is IPE Decking for Sale Different?
Check out the following specs when it comes to IPE:
- Botanical Name: Tabebuia spp. (Lapacho group)
- Common Name: Ipe
- Other Common Names: Brazilian Walnut, Amapa, Cortez, Guayacan polvillo, Flor Amarillo, Greenheart, Madera negra, Tahuari, Lapacho negro
- Common Trade Names: Pau Lope, Diamond Decking, Ironwood, and many others.
- General Characteristics: Dark brown walnut color. Gives a green dust when cut. The texture is fine to medium. The tree may grow to 150 feet in height with trunk diameters of 6 ft. Frequently to heights of 100 ft diameters of 2 to 3 ft. Boles is clear to 60 ft and more.
- Weight: Basic specific gravity (oven dry weight/green volume) 0.85 to 0.97, air dry density 66 to 75 pounds per cubic foot. A 3/4″ thick finish material weights approx. 4.5 pounds per square foot.
- Moisture Content of Decking: Our Ipe Decking is specially dried for use on exterior projects.
- We also sell Ipe lumber kiln dried specifically for interior use. DO NOT use kiln dried interior lumber in exterior projects as it will expand. Ipe Decking dried for exterior use will shrink inside.
- Janka side hardness: 3,060 lb for green material and 3,680 lb at 12% moisture content.
- Bending Strength: 22,560 psi
- Maximum Crushing strength: 10,350 psi
Call Us Today For IPE Wood Decking
We have just what you need when it comes to IPE decking for sale! Have you ever heard of Piquia wood? We carry it here! Prime Wood Decking specializes in the production and distribution of fine tropical hardwoods used in outdoor applications as well as the distribution of composite decking and specialized hardware and oils. We have everything needed for building or refinishing decks, docks, boardwalks, fences, cladding, and siding. We carry a variety of hardwoods in stock including ipe, cumaru, and massaranduba, and can fill special orders upon request. Call us today for a free quote! We have the best IPE wood Miami residents.