Are you currently in the search for Ipe siding that will last and be worth your money? Here at Prime Wood Decking, we have just what you need. Our professionals specialize in wood decks Miami, and will make sure you have everything you need to get you the best results.
What is Ipe Wood?
IPE is the most excellent quality wood decking material available. From the boardwalk of the east coast to cabins deep in the Applications, even to your own backyard, nothing keeps its integrity or lasts as long as Advantage Ipe Decking. Ipe wood is an exotic hardwood that is naturally resistant to rot and decay, is eight times harder than California Redwood, and is guaranteed for 20 years without preservatives! Our Ipe Decking is responsibly harvested from well-managed forests to provide a truly renewable resource. Ipe has many benefits over teak and is available at a fraction of the cost. We ship our Ipe decking products direct to your home or job site.
What is an Ipe Siding?
Siding is one of the most durable siding materials that can you can buy. At Prime Wood Decking, our sliding will stand up to the most brutal environmental conditions while maintaining its strength. Ipe is the perfect siding material because it is a natural product that is totally maintenance-free. Ipe is a great alternative to other siding options because most other siding materials are man-made materials that are not natural products. Ipe is a 100% natural product that contains absolutely no chemicals or preservatives. All of our Siding is free of any chemically produced additives.
How to Install
- Apply a vapor barrier to the wall.
- Attach 3/4″ furring strips over the vapor barrier every 16″.
- Start at the bottom of the wall… To start the installation of a siding board predrill holes above each furring strip with a 1/8″ drill bit. If Ipe Plugs are going to be used to conceal this initial fastener then a 3/8″ drill bit should be used to make a hole for each Ipe Plug to fit into.
- Drive a 3″ stainless steel screw through the 1/8″ predrilled hole in the last step. This will secure the bottom half of each siding board.
- Next, with a 1/8″ drill bit predrill a hole through the narrow part of the siding board that protrudes against the wall on the top of the board.
- Drive a 3″ stainless steel screw through the 1/8″ predrilled hole in the last step. There is no need to worry about plugging this hole as the next board that is installed will cover this fastener.
- Repeat the above steps for the rest of the siding boards up the wall.
Call Us For Wood Decks Miami
Prime Wood Decking specializes in the production and distribution of fine tropical hardwoods used in outdoor applications as well as the distribution of composite decking and specialized hardware and oils. This includes Ipe siding. We have everything needed for building or refinishing decks, docks, boardwalks, fences, cladding, and siding. We carry a variety of hardwoods in stock including ipe, cumaru, and massaranduba, and can fill special orders upon request. Call us today for a free quote! We have the best IPE wood decks Miami residents.