Ipe decking is getting more and more popular. This is a trend that is not going anywhere, anytime soon. You must jump on the train! Here at Prime Wood Decking, we have all the decking supplies you need to make sure your Ipe deck is the best in Miami. We are expert Miami deck builders that are sure to give your home the perfect addition. But why is this wood so popular? We are here today to break that down for you!
Top Reasons Why Ipe Decking is So Popular
- Low Ipe Decking Cost
- In 2016, 25% of home remodeling projects focused on adding decks to already-built homes. One of the many reasons why ipe is a very popular addition to homes is its low cost. Ipe prices can even equal synthetic plastic deck material. Ipe wood can seem more expensive than most other wood materials. In the long run, it will be a great investment and will cost you less. We’ll further explain below the durability of the ipe wood.
- Ipe Decking Has Durability and High Density
- You want to create a wooden deck or porch that lasts for a long time. Ipe hardwood is tough as nails and has a high density. It’s not a surprise that it earned the nickname “ironwood.” Ipe wood’s high density makes it the best decking material according to many deck makers. This dense characteristic makes ipe wood long-lasting and sturdy. Several resistances come from the high density of this redwood species. Ipe wood has a Class A fire-resistance rating. This is comparable to the resistance of steel and concrete against fire. The wood’s density, rugged surface, and natural moisture content help.
- Ipe Wood Is Sustainable and Eco-Friendly
- Among the various typical decking options, ipe wood has great sustainability. It is very sturdy. This leads to fewer instances of deck wood replacement. Compared to most wood types for deck boards, ipe wood can last much longer. With the right maintenance, it can weather the elements for over 75 years. In the case of termite attacks, it can hold out against them for up to 15 years.
- Retains Cool Surfaces
- In its original state, Brazilian hardwood or ipe has high moisture content. Through the slow drying process, the moisture content level goes down. This is to prevent the ipe wood from cracking and splitting. Since ipe hardwood has a natural capacity to keep less heat, it will stay cool in the summer months. Using ipe decking will be better than using composite and plastic decking. It also has a tendency to crack less, giving you fewer chances of getting splinters.
- Low Maintenance
- Ipe helps create the ideal deck for many homeowners. It has great aesthetic value, great efficiency, and incredible stability. Still, without the right maintenance, it can wear out faster than it should. The great thing about ipe decking is that it doesn’t need a lot to keep it in tip-top shape. All you need is regular cleaning. Sweep it every day to clear out the sap, pollen, and leaves. Should debris remain, rinse it out.
We Also Have Decking Supplies
Prime Wood Decking specializes in the production and distribution of fine tropical hardwoods used in outdoor applications as well as the distribution of composite decking and specialized hardware and oils. We have everything needed for building or refinishing decks, docks, boardwalks, fences, cladding, and siding. We carry a variety of hardwoods in stock including ipe, cumaru, and massaranduba, and can fill special orders upon request. Other hardwoods available are piquia, santos mahogany, jatoba and pressure-treated wood as special order items. We can sell boards that are solid, pre-grooved, or tongue and groove.
Call Our Miami Deck Builders
Prime Wood Decking specializes in the production and distribution of fine tropical hardwoods used in outdoor applications as well as the distribution of composite decking and specialized hardware and oils. We have everything needed for building or refinishing decks, docks, boardwalks, fences, cladding, and siding; including decking supplies. We carry a variety of hardwoods in stock including ipe, cumaru, and massaranduba, and can fill special orders upon request. Call us today for a free quote and start your Ipe decking! We have the best Ipe wood decks Miami residents.