Do you know what deck design ideas you want to implement into your home? Here at Prime Wood Decking, our team of professionals is here to make sure you make the right choice. We specialize in wood decks Miami can be proud of.
Our Wood Decks Miami Are Ones To Count On
With over 40 years in business, we have accumulated a lot of experience and knowledge. We have seen our hardwoods installed in all types of climates and areas, which means we are able to advise and troubleshoot any challenges our customers may face. We can help select the proper hardwood and installation hardware for all types of decking projects.
Five Deck Design Ideas
- A traditional deck is square or rectangular, made from pressure-treated wood, redwood, or cedar. Generally speaking, decks aren’t cheap, but of all the styles discussed here, this is your least expensive option. Expect to power-wash the deck once a year and to seal it every one or two years. Maintained properly, yours can last as long as 30 years. Though not visually stunning to begin with, wood decks are enhanced by a stand-out stain or paint color, or by the addition of decorative caps to the posts that provide structural support.
- Low Maintenance
- If you think of the deck as a place to escape the burden of work, including the work of home maintenance, then you may wish to opt for a low-maintenance deck material, such as vinyl, plastic, or composite. Low-maintenance decking requires little more than occasional sweeping. Compared to wood decks, these are more expensive to build, but you’ll save money over time not having to invest in repair, as inorganic boards neither rot nor splinter.
- Modern decks are all about clean lines and muted color palettes. They are constructed from a range of materials, but when made of wood, only a select few species are typically used: teak, ipe, mahogany or Brazilian cherry. Many modern decks are identifiable by their railings—or their lack thereof. A free-floating polished wood platform can look rather Zen-like. Meanwhile, perimeters composed of steel cables or glass panels deliver equally sleek contemporary flair.
- Split Level
- Split-level decks enable you to have multiple outdoor living areas. They are especially suitable for yards with severe slopes, in that each subsequent deck level can step down with the angled terrain. Like modern decks, split-levels are built from a range of materials, with or without railings. An advantage of tiered deck designs is that you can have the best of both worlds
- If you’re tired of getting by with a rickety and rusty old barbecue, consider spicing things up with an outdoor kitchen. No matter what your deck is made of concrete is the ideal material to use in constructing al fresco cooking zones. Concrete is heavy, though, so be sure your deck supports are strong enough to hold the additional weight. For the family that enjoys hosting a get-together, going out of your way here can be well worth the hassle.
Call Us For Wood Decks Miami
Try one of these deck design ideas today! Prime Wood Decking specializes in the production and distribution of fine tropical hardwoods used in outdoor applications as well as the distribution of composite decking and specialized hardware and oils. We have everything needed for building or refinishing decks, docks, boardwalks, fences, cladding, and siding; including decking supplies. We carry a variety of hardwoods in stock including ipe, cumaru, and massaranduba, and can fill special orders upon request. Call us today for a free quote on our ipe wood decking and start your Ipe decking! We have the best Ipe wood decks, Miami residents.