We live in the Sunshine State and Summer is just around the corner. The weather is already getting steamy. When you think about the number one pastime for a hot summer day, what first comes to mind? A swimming pool. The best thing to do is to take a splash with your friends and family. Why not transform your deck into a pool deck and complement it with a hot tub? At Prime Wood Decking, our professionals are here to make sure you have all the information when it comes to building above ground pool decks. We take pride in being Miami deck builders.
Check Out These Wood Decking Options!
Today we are talking about some unique decking options for your new backyard oasis. Wood decking has not been as popular in recent years, but we wanted to explore some beautiful wood designs in case you were in search of some alternatives to the ultra-modern look of hardscaping. However, it is making a comeback.
Check out these options:
- Natural Stone: This is potentially the most luxurious choice you could choose for a pool deck. While labor-intensive and expensive, the final product is gorgeous and long-lasting. Keep in mind that you will have to perform maintenance on the grout at some point.
- Stamped Concrete: A popular and customizable option. We suggest a more grooved pattern to eliminate slipping around a wet pool area. The easy and fast installation makes up for the fact that cracks may lead to necessary repairs down the line.
- Travertine: Depending on your geographic location, travertine can be affordable or a very high-end, custom choice for your pool decking. It stays cool, the color will not fade, and it can withstand freezing temperatures. Travertine is, however, naturally a soft stone and can chip.
- Pavers: Pavers can add an amazing cobblestoned and unique look to your backyard patio. They are durable, affordable, and easy to repair. They can feel rough on bare feet around the pool, but you are more likely to avoid slips this way.
- Brick: A traditional patio material secured into a concrete base for permanent stability is always an option. It is easy to replace single bricks when one gets cracked or damaged, but in general, brick is long lasting and durable. Bricks can feel hot on the feet, and it will need to be resealed after power washes.
- Grass or Turf: This may seem obvious, but you can always forgo decking altogether and use grass as your surrounding pool material. Grass can easily get into the pool, creating additional maintenance procedures. Overall though, the grass is inexpensive and natural looking.
Wood Takes The Lead With Above Ground Pool Decks
All of the above options serve as great contenders for pool decks, but none are as stunning as wood. Wood decking can be beautiful and even modern looking! It will fit with almost any aesthetic you are trying to portray. Also, there is less cleaning: dirt and sand (if you are lucky enough to have a beach pool) can sift through the wood before the swimmer diving in. Ipe, cedar, and cypress are just a few popular materials people use around their pools. Also, Brazilian hardwood decking uses is of the highest quality and can withstand the harsh florida weather conditions. Keep in mind, though, that wood can split or rot, and that is why we recommend sealing and performing seasonal maintenance for longevity and protection from the elements.
Call Our Miami Deck Builders Today!
We have just what you need for your above ground pool decks! Have you ever heard of Piqua wood? We carry it here! Prime Wood Decking specializes in the production and distribution of fine tropical hardwoods used in outdoor applications as well as the distribution of composite decking and specialized hardware and oils. We have everything needed for building or refinishing decks, docks, boardwalks, fences, cladding, and siding. We carry a variety of hardwoods in stock including ipe, cumaru, and massaranduba, and can fill special orders upon request. Call us today for a free quote! We are located in Miami.